Thursday, May 14, 2009

Here We All Go

We all are going places in the next few days, weeks, months and years. My good friend Dom and I will be in Texas until August 16th, another good friend Jordan is leaving for Guatemala on Saturday to do mission work. Tons of friends are taking internships, doing summer work in other cities, states or countries.

But by the grace of God we will all return to the normalcy of college.

Then there's people like my sister Meagan, who will be married in August, or my cousin Beth and husband Josh, who will welcome their first child in August. Then there's my Dad who will retire in September.

It weird that these situations where we almost stand at a new doorway ever so often. My wonder is if God ever intended for his children to live in a world of levels like our video games and corporate high rises? Did he place an importance on the more experienced or the young; the seniors, the senior citizens, the CEO's, CFO's, Michael Scotts, K5ers, the college freshmen, the professor, Monet and the finger painter.

So am I left to live a life constantly striving towards a new level? Is that what 3 yrs. of college has taught me? Do these summer jobs only act as simple levels of the bigger game of life? Is my Dad about to start a new board in HALO, and is Jordan just simply passing time?

Have we merely made life a real "board" game? Have we made it something to accomplish, to gain?

Can we view it as a real thing once again, something so magical and extraordinary that it could only be created by One?

No comments: