Thursday, March 5, 2009

Pioneer!

I would love pioneer some new thing. Like Steve Jobs with Mac, Bill Cosby with Comedy, Jaco Pastorius on the Bass, I want to do something that no one has done before.

What's funny is that everyone wants to make some new fashion statement, every true musician is looking for that distinct sound, every artist looks for the right view point. Its a human desire to do something that will make their name forever remembered as an innovator or bright mind.

What drives me crazy about the thought of pioneering something is how do you know it is something that has never been processed before? It seems to me the only logical way to pioneer anything to to really trust not in yourself to make this new thing, but trust in God and the people he has placed in your path.

Being a pioneer your either going to be really respected or look like a complete idiot. I remember the first time tried to pioneer a way of singing by getting on the floor beneath my snare drum, holding a mic against the top, with me singing through the bottom. My band mates looked at me like I was crazy. I liked the sound, and wanted to try it.

I guess if your convictions about something lead you to do it in spite of what others say, than your a true pioneer. So hitch up your wagon, a blaze the unknown trail.

No comments: